Monday, October 13, 2008

Hello Fellow Bliss Seekers! I can't believe it's almost midnight on a school night and we are still awake. So, let's just recap - bottle of wine, check. Inappropriate man talk, check. Political discussion/Shock and awe over current selections of leaders for the alledged greatest country in the world - check. Now, did I mention that all of this occured after Samira ventured into the twilight zone known as . . dun dun dun . . . the burbs. She filled up the car, packed a meal, grabbed her passport and some small luggage to come and visit me in my new home. An hour and a half and several missed turns later she arrived. My son awaiting her arrival soon grew very tired as what turned from an early dinner arrival became a nightcap. But then again, this is what happens to those inner loopers that get outside of their zone. (I know because I was once one of them, before the burb bodysnatchers inducted me into the cult).

OK, so now our Blissful Bits for the day:
1. Always be accountable to someone other than yourself. It is too easy to talk yourself down from taking that leap of faith, and tandem skydiving always seemed safer!
2. On the road of life, notice the speedbumps. They can slow you down, but sometimes the pause is necessary to speed you along in the right direction.
3. True Bliss is realizing what's important despite the ups and downs and keeping that constant.


Good night everyone, we wish you great sleep and blissful dreams!
Mon and Samira

No comments: